CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Whitley

Happy Birthday to Whitley! Today she is 9 years old. I know everyone always says "I can't believe she's/he's "9" old already, but it's sooo true. Where has the time gone. Whitley is such a strong, special spirit. I know she was saved for these last days! We always say she is the best mix of Landon and I. She looks just like him, but acts just like me. I think because of that we have a tenancy to butt heads, but I know that someday that strong will, will serve her well. She is very independent, and is trying to grow up too fast. She is counting down the days until she turns 12 so she can wear make up and get a cell phone! WHAT- She's always been very athletic, and excels in every sport she does. Maybe the fact that she's ultra competitive drives her to be the best. She can't stand to be second. She is such an amazing, wonderful part of our family, and I'm so thankful that my Heavenly Father trusted me enough to try to raise her!

Here are 10 reasons why I love our "Whiterbug"

1-Her desire to choose the right. We have always said that she is so strong willed, that if we can just guide that will in the right direction she'll be just fine.

2-I love her red hair. I have to be honest, I didn't at first. I was shocked by it, and wasn't sure how I felt about it. However, I absolutely LOVE it. I can't imagine her with any other color. She's red through and through.
3- I love her competitive spirit (most of the time). I know it's that spirit that will drive her to achieve great things in her life.
4- She is a self-starter. She gets her jobs done before the day ever starts, so that they're not hanging over her head.
5- She's become a great help to me in the kitchen. She wants to help, and is learning more and more all the time.
6- I love that she writes in her journal. From the time that she learned how to write, she's been writing in her journal every night. This was not at our suggestion, it was just something that she wanted to do.
7- I love her fit little body. This goes back to the whole "Landon's" body. She is so muscular, it's ridiculous. She has the kind of body, that most women can only dream of.
8- I love it that she loves to spend time with me. She always wants to do thing "just the two of us". I know that this won't last, so I'm enjoying it while it does.

9-I'm so proud of the example she is to Kennedy. I remind her often, that Kennedy will always be 2 steps behind her watching what she does, and that she needs to make good choices. She takes this very seriously, and is very protective of her sister.

10-I love that she writes music. She had a whole notebook full of songs that she's written. Many people don't know, but she even wrote and sang a song at her baptism last year. It was very special.

4 comments:

Liz

Happy Birthday Whitter!!! I barely even know you...but I love ya just the same, and I know that if you're just like your mommy...we could be best buddies! Hope you had a great day!
p.s is that DIVINITY she is making in the picture??? if so, i need the recipe and fast!

brooke

I love this picture of Whitley all dressed up with her hair so cute--out to dinner. I can't believe she is 9 either. What a darling, talented girl. I'm a proud great aunt--good grief that makes me sound old.

Jen Hilton

Oh man! She looks so grown up! Time really flies. Happpy B-day from AZ.

Loric

Happy Birthday Whitley! She looks so beautiful in that first picture. She indeed is a talented girl.