CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our first Break

It finally happened to us. I thought there was a slight chance that we were going to get through our kids without a broken bone. NOPE. Last night we were getting ready to take Colton to scouts, and the kids were out in front racing. Whitley was in the back of Landon's pickup, and Kennedy was on the bumper. They were going to jump off, run across the street, and back! When I saw what was about to happen, I said "Don't jump off of there, you're gonna get hurt". Then I hear Colton yell, "GO". The girls jump, and Kennedy's feet slip out from underneath her. She landed on her hands, and then onto her face! For any of you that know Kennedy, whenever he hits her head, she pukes! So I ran over to her, picked her up to see the damage. Her gums were bleeding, and so was her nose. Somehow she didn't yack. She just kept complaining that her arm hurt. We put some ice on it, and gave her some Motrin, and decided to just watch and see. She favored it all night, and still again this morning. She can't rotate her wrist at all! So I take her to the Dr. and sure enough, she fractured her left wrist. They put her in a splint for a week, and then we go back next Wed. for the cast. So much for swimming the rest of the summer. Kennedy is so excited that she has a cast. I don't think she completely understands that it's gonna get really annoying to wear that for the next 5 weeks!Getting her x-rays
Putting on the splint
Newly splinted

11 comments:

WHITE

Oh My Gosh!!! My poor baby!!! I wish I was up there to give her lots of kisses...

WHITE

P.S. Her hair looks fabulous!!!

STACEY

Bummer Kennedy! Looks like her left arm - that is so much better than her right - if she's right handed. The attention is fun for awhile though - good luck.

Loric

Ah man! Bummer Kennedy. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for no breaks in our family. How did you hold up?

Unknown

I seriously cannot believe not one of your kids have had a break to this point...your kids????? EVEN mine have had a couple!! They know us by name up at old "Primary's"
Give Kennedy a love for us...Addie absolutely loved having a cast and all the attention. The swimming does stink though.

steve and lisa

Oh NO!!
Amy, cannot BELiEVE it! Swimming was your one sanity in this town! Do you have your new phone? I need to get your book back to you for Sun. Trevor broke his right arm the Fri. before school started last year! Ugh! I am SORRY! She will love the attention though! Lisa

Lori

That is amazing this is your first break! Kennedy will enjoy all the attention, but I'm sure she doesn't realize how long five weeks really is. A good trick is if the cast starts to get itchy, use a hanger to scratch it. (Even though they say not to. :)

Nikki

oh boy! It does sound fun until about week 3 when it stinks and itches. They have come a long way no days with casts though. Most of them are waterproof! So if your Dr. has that I would opt for it :) You'll still be swimming and she can bathe without a hitch! Ellerie broke her arm at about 16 mo. old! Not fun at all :( Good luck Kennedy!!

Jen Hilton

Oooo, poor Kennedy. I dread the day of broken bones. Don't get me wrong, we more than our share of stitches, but broken bones-Yuck!

Terese Hamilton

So sorry, that stinks! It was a very long month trying to come up with things that TJ could do with his broken arm. Good luck!

sara

that is so sad...i am sure you will be blessed with a flood of ideas to keep her busy and occupied and safe!