CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Dancing with the Stars and Elephant Ears

Tonight it was Kennedy's turn to give the FHE lesson. You never know what she's gonna come up with. Tonight we read a story from the Ensign about learning to be a patient parent! I don't know if that was a hint, or if she just liked the pictures that went along with the story. After the story, our activity was a dance program! She played Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" and really let loose. I think we've been watching too much So You Think You Can Dance, because she enlisted Landon's help with a lift. Of course, Whitley couldn't just sit and watch, and she had to get in on the action.
While we were in Seaside, our friend Travis discovered a delicious treat called an Elephant Ear. Basically a giant scone with butter, cinnamon and sugar. YUM. For dessert tonight, Kennedy decided that we would have elephant ears, so I defrosted some Rhodes rolls, fried them up, and slathered them with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Not bad for an imitation. I would say all in all, Kennedy did a pretty good job with FHE tonight!

2 comments:

Unknown

That sounds super fun. Did you know that all the stars of "so you think you can dance" just came and taught my kids at dance camp???? pretty impressive huh. i haven't blogged it yet but get ready to be jealous. Im gonna make elephant ears maybe right now....yum yum i love it already!

steve and lisa

Hey
I am finally back in the Moe Hole! Looks like you had a blast at Seaside! We crashed at the pool today! It was a scorcher - I do not like my house, too much laundry, chores, messy rooms, etc. Vacation is a blast & then you come home! Anyway, the Elephant Ears you guys made look YUMMY! I will call you - and I will get the primary book back to you. Lisa