CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

WOW is all I have to say

I like to think that I have a pretty tough stomach. I'm not the kind to fall apart in a crisis. I just jump in and get done what needs to be done. So when we went today to get the pins taken out of Whit's arm, I wasn't too worried.
First thing they had to do was get the cast off. That's always fun. Whitley took that opportunity to scratch her arm like crazy, knowing she was going to get another cast after the pins came out. Her arm is so scrawny!
Then the doctor came in to take out the pins. She promptly asked him if it was going to hurt, to which he replied "if it hurt too bad we would take you in and sedate you. It's not that bad". So I jump into position to get a few goods pics for Landon.
He takes what can only be described as pliers, and says "I have to turn this one a little bit" as he twists the first screw around. Then he grabs it and in one hard yank, pulls it out! CLEAN "That was the foulest thing I have EVER seen" is what came screaming out of my mouth. "Dr. Doogie" as we lovingly call him, just laughed.
It was quite shocking. He didn't gently pull it out. There was no numbing of the wrist. He just yanked a metal rod out of Whit's wrist with some dang pliers!! What the?? She said is didn't hurt, which shocked me. Then he went in for number two.
This one came out in the same fashion as number one. Only this one was a bit bloody, and this one hurt! Gross. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that.
Then they cleaned up that hole that was left behind, and slapped on another cast. This time it's only up to the middle of her forearm. Just 3 more weeks and she'll be good as new.

0 comments: