CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Trying Something New

So everyone that knows us, knows that my girls love soccer. I mean L-O-V-E soccer. I always suggest that they try another sport to see if they might like it with no success. Until now! I finally talked Kennedy into playing basketball. At first she didn't want to, but once I explained that it wouldn't interfere with spring soccer and added that her good friend from her old school Sydney would be on her team, she was in!

They only had time for 1 practice before their first game today, so I wasn't expecting too much. I figured we were in for a long hour since before the game I was showing Kennedy how to "box out" and she was confused about who was shooting at what hoop. I realized then, that she had no idea how to play basketball. OH BOY!

Kennedy (sitting next to Sydney) taking a break.

She was a little timid at first, but as the game went on she got better and better. She finally made a shot in the 4th quarter, and was much more aggressive going after the rebounds. Hopefully with a little more practice she can actually get into the swing of things. Right now she's pretty much more interested in the fact that her shoes are "AWESOME" than the game.

1 comments:

Liz

If she is half as good as her momma...she will be a star! Btw, I don't mean to brag, but we were kind of sweet guards when we played on our ward team...my kids DO NOT BELIEVE ME ABOUT THAT! So rude!