CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

15

My sweet Colton is 15 years old today. It's so cliche to say you can't believe they're that old, but I really can't. When I think about how much longer he'll be in my home, or how much longer until he goes on his mission, or how much longer we have him home until he graduates from high school and goes to college, I seriously get sick. Anxiety! When he was little, OK he was never really little. When he was younger it was fun to dream about where he might go on his mission, how tall he might get. Now, I don't think I can let him go anywhere for 2 years without me. Especially not some foreign country! How dare the church ask me to send my baby somewhere across the world for 2 years!! (I'm kidding, but only a little)
Colton reading the card from my parents. My mom took Colton's card into my dad and told him to sign it. My dad, in all his glory, swapped out the $50 dollar bill for a $1 dollar bill and told no one. This is Colton getting his birthday money from my parents! My mom was livid!! Not to worry. Grandpa Scott wasn't stupid enough to leave that $50 at home.
Colton stands at 6' 4" and weighs 220 lbs. When he had some x-rays on his knee a couple months ago, the doctor told us that his growth plates were still wide open. So we still wonder how tall he's going to be. But he's still the sweet, gentle Colton he's always been. I keep waiting for the yucky teenage attitude, but I just don't get one. He's a pretty mellow kid, that just does what he's suppose to because he's suppose to do it.
Little kids are drawn to him. He is the oldest cousin on both sides. When we get together with family the kids are always all over Colton.
We are so proud of you Colton and can't wait to see what you become. Stay focused. Work hard. Choose the right. The world is your oyster!

1 comments:

Liz

ohhhhh geez...this post made me tear up a little bit! Happy Birthday to your little GIANT. I can't believe our babies are 15...we were just barely 15...weren't we?
And I love the money joke your dad played....typical Scott:)