CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mystery Rolls

Last night I was sitting in the kitchen helping Kennedy finish up some homework. Landon had run an errand, and Colton and Whitley were milling around doing whatever it is they do! I hear a knock at the door, and figure one of them will get it. Colton does. I hear no talking and then I hear him kind of yell out "thanks". He shuts the door and brings into the kitchen these yummy rolls and homemade jam. And this is the conversation that follows...
Me - Who brought these?
Colton - I don't know
Me - Didn't you answer the door?
Colton - Yep
Me - Well who was it?
Colton - I don't know his name.
Me (getting irritated) - So it was a man?
Colton - No, some kid
Me - Have you ever seen this kid before?
Colton - Yeah, he's in our ward I think
Me - How old was he
Colton - Maybe 6
Me - Well who is it. I need to be able to at least thank his mom for these.
Colton - I don't know
Me - Did you see the parent?
Colton - Nope. The kid just handed them to me, and ran off. So I stuck my head out the door and yelled thanks.
Me - How could you not know who it is. You don' just take something and not at least know where it came from
Colton (getting more and more defensive) - Maybe it's that Farnsworth kid (our neighbor)
Me - Well you've seen those kids. Was is one of the Farnworth boys?
Colton - I don't know!
Me- What did the car look like?
Colton - Kind of like the Hixons car (a gray excursion)
Me - Was it gray like that?
Colton - I think so
Me - Was it big like the Hixons car, or smaller?
Colton - I think it was big. I wasn't really looking
Me- Could you maybe point this kid out at church for me?
Colton - yea, probably
Heaven help me. This kid is a tard! How do you take something from someone, and not at least have the brain to figure out who it is. ( I love you Colton, but really?? ) I don't have a clue who my visiting teachers are, and I have tons of neighbors who are so freakin' nice that it could be any of them! I can't think of anyone else in my ward with a car like the Hixons. I could've just beat him! I hate stuff like that, and he couldn't figure out why I was so bugged!
So, if you brought me rolls and jam last night. THANK YOU. They are yummy. And could you please tell me who you are so I can thank you in person!

5 comments:

Kirsten

wish I could take credit, but I can't. my money's on the farnsworths. they dropped off something pretty identical a few months ago. (and oh-so yummy. she's a good baker.

Alisa

Yes, it was Farnsworths for sure.

Liz

It was me...suprise!!! ha ha ha...I WISH!

Liz

p.s. laughing my butt off that you used "tard" in your post! That's my girl!

brooke

I fed-exed them from SL. You can thank me later.