CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Happy Day

Colton got a cell phone for his 11th birthday. BIG MISTAKE!! We had just moved to Washington, and we thought it would be a great way for him to stay connected to his best friend back home. Well, they seldom called each other and after 2 months he had lost it. He was clearly not old enough, or responsible enough for a phone. Landon vowed that he would never buy him another cell phone again! I new that would never stick.
Fast forward a couple years. Colton is coming up on 14 and much more responsible. Not to mention starting to go hang out with his buddies a lot more. There have been several times in the last year or so that I have so wished he had a phone. It was time. Now I just had to convince Landon!
As luck would have it, Landon was in need of a cell phone of his own! He has had a company issued phone for as long as I can remember. His new company doesn't do that. He doesn't travel, and he just doesn't need one for work. So we finally broke down and got new phones. Colton is thrilled! He spent most of the day messing with his phone, and texting me. He has been threatened with his life if he loses this thing.
Kennedy snapped up Landon's old phone, which is really a little piece of crap that we've had since Moses Lake that he got to replace Colton's lost phone. He wanted to keep that line for personal use, but didn't really need it. (Don't ask. These are the things I just ignore). So he got this little crapper to have, and it has been his phone for the last couple weeks. Kennedy has had it on her person solid since we got home from AT & T.

And Landon. Bless his heart. Got himself the new iPhone 4. He is in heaven. I don't know who is more excited about their phone. This thing is pretty sweet though. It makes my old 3G iPhone look like a dinosaur. This is Landon tonight in bed. It's 11pm, and he won't turn it off!

2 comments:

brooke

Colton is adorable and so grown up. Don't tell him I said he was adorable or he'll hate me but he is.

I have the world's biggest dinosaur phone and Sam has the iphone that he is OBSESSED with. It drives me crazy. He watches live NFL football during Sacrament meeting. He is never without that phone. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Liz

Hey, that picture of Landon looks just the same way Brandon looks in bed! Kinda funny, remember when we first got married??? They wouldn't have dreamed they would need to bring a phone to bed!!! ha ha ha
Times sure change after 15 years or more....lol