CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

You Know School Is Winding Down When...

...your kids all have projects to do at the same time. I just love it when my kids have big projects that they get assigned at school. Especially the ones that there is no way that a 9 year old could actually do what is being assigned!
Colton is right in the middle of this huge unit where they're studying the Pacific Rim. His focus country is China. He has been gathering all kinds of info. and making lots of little things. This weekend he needed to make a Chinese Scroll. Next week, it's a replica of a Chinese house! Luckily, once we got the materials he could create this one on his own.
Whitley's class is studying the Oregon trail. So she gets to make a model of a covered wagon. She has specific measurements that it needs to be. So her and Landon got to work on cutting and sanding down the wood for the base of the wagon. I got to sew the canopy for the top! I'm letting her push the peddle to my machine and help with the pinning, but there was just some stuff she couldn't do. We just need to add some wheels and we'll be done. I'm very proud of Landon and I!
And Kennedy just wanted in on the action so she was creating a special Mother's Day card. I was helping!

4 comments:

Ashley

Holy smokes, those are some major projects. I remember starting those things with my mom, going to bed after a few minutes, and waking up to a beautiful finished project. I hope you get an A!

brooke

Shoot me now. I'm dreading mom homework. It looks like your kids are pretty good at doing most of it themselves. You look really cute in the photo!

Loric

I HEAR you over here! We're up to our necks in projects-I call them "MOM" projects though, because they don't ever seem to be QUITE something a kid can do by themselves. Sure makes for some late nights. . . I'm looking forward to summer break already! :)Your kids' projects looked GREAT by the way! Those are some intensive ones. . .

Liz

amen sister....this time of year is crazier than Christmas for heavens sake!