CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Taco Del Mar

Landon and his friend Brandon decided that since it was Cinco De Mayo, they would head down to Taco Del Mar to try to eat their 5 lb burrito. If you could eat it all in 30 minutes, it was free. This thing was ridiculous! It had 4 tortillas, 5 scoops of rice, beans, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sauce. I couldn't believe how insane it was, but I've never known Landon to back down from an eating challenge. They both did so good. Landon got all but about 5 big bites down, when his body finally "rejected" it! Way to go Lan! Thanks for the laughs.

6 comments:

Pandy

We should do Cinco de Mayo better since we're in San Diego...but, we just had Mexican at home. Boring. However, I think I might know someone who can down that burrito -Kelly's husband, Dave. When he's really hungry he can eat his food, Kelly's food, Bailey's food, and all of ours!

I have to admit I got kinda sick watching him down that monster. Thanks for sparing us the "rejection".

brooke

That was so funny--i had tears streaming down my face. I especially love the music. Sam is always up for a good food challenge. When we were in Hawaii with my family, Rex dared Sam to eat 13 McDonald's cheeseburgers on the road to Hana. Sam did it without barfing. He really struggled when they got cold but he pulled through. Good job to Lanny--great effort!!

Mark and Karen

We went to Taco Del Mar for cinco de mayo too but we were not nearly as courageous. I couldn't even finish my mondo burrito. I too loved the song! Thanks for sharing and good effort Lanny. We are impressed!

Loric

That's hilarious! LOVE the sombrero- I'm sure that really put him in the mood.Thanks for the laughs!

Liz

That is hilarious. I'm laughing out loud. I can't believe he gave up with just a little left...what the heck???
So funny! The before and after pictures are awesome...he looks soooo sick!

steve and lisa

Amy - just cracking me up AGAIN!! I miss you!! The Debster is coming to the hole June 11th & I get the honor of seeing her!!! Yipee!!! It was so much fun seeing you & your cute house!! We are coming over there again to see my sister before she leaves on her cruise to Alaska!! I will wave to you!!! I miss you!! Have a WONderFUl Mother's day!! You are amazing!!! Love ya! Lisa