CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

What a Weekend

My dad came to visit for the weekend. YEAH!! It was great to have him here. The kids loved it. We went straight to Claim Jumper from the airport for dinner since my dad hasn't ever eaten there. He loved it!
There were only two things that my dad wanted to do while in Seattle. He wanted fish and chips from Pikes Place Market, and he wanted to see the house he lived in when he was born. He lived here until he was 3 and doesn't remember any of it. Why he wanted to see that house, I'll never know. So that was the plan for Saturday. Colton wouldn't let us do anything else until he opened his presents. We made him wait until Grandpa Scott got here. He got mostly money (which he loved) and several books and Cd's about the priesthood (which he needs).
Straight out of bed

Did I mention the ipod? That was all he wanted for his birthday. And orange ipod. I think his face says it all!

This is the house that my dad was born at. We roamed around for a few minutes and took a couple of quick shots. I was waiting the whole time for someone to come out and ask us what the crap we were doing. Luckily they didn't.

This is a funky little bench on the way to Pikes that the girls just had to have a picture of. My dad got his fish and chips, and shared with everyone (accept me, of course)
Sunday morning Landon, Grandpa Scott, Bishop Doty, and Brother Thompson gave Colton the Aaronic priesthood. Landon gave him an amazing blessing.
And then we hit the mother load! We found a place called Salty's. On Sunday, they do this huge buffet with tons of fish among a million other things. My dad loves fish, and so does Colton so we thought we'd give it a try. We wanted a nice place, and this was it. It was the finest buffet I've ever been to, and we all ate way more that we should have.
After Salty's we came home and watched the Cardinals get beat in the Super Bowl. My dad left first thing this morning, and it was really hard to see him go. I knew I missed my family, but I don't think I realized how much until my dad was here. Thanks dad for a great weekend, with way to much food. You being here meant so much to all of us, but it really made this birthday special for Colton. We love you, and miss you already.

7 comments:

Allison

Sounds like you had fun with your dad there. That is great he got to be around for Colton's big day. All this talk about Seafood is making me hungry though!! yum!

Kelly

Great pics!! You gotta love your dad...a weekend full of food, how could you beat that!

Pandy

Happy Birthday Colton! I'm sure the event was so much more special with Scott there. I love the "rites of passage" in the church. They are all more memorable when family members are present.

By the way, I've been to Seattle once and I instantly fell in love with it. I felt immediately "at home" there for some reason. Jon told me just today that he thinks at some point in his life he will live there. He's never been so he's not sure why he thinks that.

I hope you're enjoying it there.

brooke

It is still so dang weird to me that Colton is taller than you. Anyway, how fun to have uncle Scott there. He is one of the world's funniest people. I can totally see my dad insisting on seeing his childhood home too. How funny. Happy Birthday to Colton and congrats on getting the Priesthood.

The Bachelor just did an episode in Seattle because that is where Jason is from. I totally want to visit there now.

Good luck with invisalign. Maybe that is the ticket for me to weighloss.

Ashley

I will have to refer my dad to this post to see the house. What a funny story.

WHITE

Wish we could have been there to see Colton open his presents etc...no worries I was here entertaining mom! :)

Loric

Ahhhh. What a fun weekend! Happy Birthday Colton! I can't believe he's TWELVE!!! And what a memorable experience to see the house your dad was born in-how cool is that?! And the food sounds wonderful!