CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Fuzz

Sunday afternoon, and my house is quiet. My kids are out of school until Thursday for "mid-winter break" so they have built a fort in my family room. They are all inside watching a movie. Landon is upstairs sleeping because, well it's Sunday afternoon. I am at my computer, and there's a loud knock at my door. Now I'm in my pj's, and am not expecting anyone so I figure it's someone selling something. So I just ignore it and wait for them to go away. Luckily my kids didn't even notice! Then they knock again. I'm thinking, "seriously go away. It's Sunday afternoon and I'm not buying anything". Then they ring my doorbell, and try to open my front door. Now I'm really freaking out. My computer sits close to my front door, and there's an open window next to the door. In order to get upstairs to get Landon I'd have to run right past that window. But someone is trying to get into my house. After a few minutes, all is quiet and I figure they've given up. So I peek out the front window to see if I could see who it was, and I see several policemen in my front yard. I go tearing up the stairs to get Landon, and by the time I get there they're knocking again! I tell him that "the fuzz" are in our yard and at the door, and he asks my why I'm not answering it? I really have no answer for him. So he runs downstairs, opens the door and I hear the cop tell him that they received a 911 call from our house. They come in and question the kids, who don't have a phone anywhere near them. I'm pretty sure they really were innocent. I obviously didn't call 911, and Landon had been asleep. We explain all of this to the nice officers, and they leave. My heart is pounding in my chest. So much for a quiet, peaceful Sunday afternoon. I'm wondering how the crap that happened, and why on earth I decided not to answer the door in the first place. Dang solicitors have really screwed me up!

6 comments:

Kelly

So much for keeping the "Sabbath Day" holy...more like HOLY CRAP!!!!

brooke

I have vinyl lettering on my front door that says "No Soliciting except girlscouts." Classy. Anyway, it works like a charm. The fuzz, on the other hand, I don't know how you keep them away.

Amy

Brooke, that's perfect!

Mark and Karen

I am seriously dying from laughter right now!

Addie

Maybe Lanny rolled over on the phone while he was snoring???? Yep...that's it!

Rachel

I thought Stephen was the only one who used the term 'The fuzz'. Total crack up.