CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 2, 2009

October (In a Nutshell)

Okay so I am busy, but not so busy that I can't sit down every once in while and blog a little. It's just that once you get so far behind, you kinda don't know where to start. This is my one and only "catch up" post, and then I'm looking forward from here on. Please don't feel any obligation to read on, or really look on as most of this will be pics.
I spent most of October in my car. The kids and I are still with my parents, which really hasn't been too bad. My parents are great, and so helpful. And with all of the stuff we have going on, we're really not here too much. It's a good combo. Here are a few pics and details of the last 30 days...
Colton on cooking breakfast on a scout camp out. They "camped" on a houseboat, and went skiing the next day.
Colton getting his football jersey.

The weather has been beautiful here. Kennedy still loves to go and feed the ducks that live near Grandma and Grandpa
We've spent a lot of time with Heidi and her boys. We stop off at her house while in between activities! They are moving to Utah at the end of this month, and we are going to miss them sooo much.
We have spent countless hours at soccer games and practices. Kennedy is doing really well, and following in Whitley's footsteps.
After a frustrating flag football season, Colton made the All Star team. He loved playing with the All Stars and his school took 2nd place!Whitley has had several of her soccer games on Friday nights. It's so nice to sit in the cool air, and watch her play under the lights. Her team is undefeated so far! This is the only picture I have of her "soccer" and it's of the sunset before the game even started. Don't worry, I have plenty of pictures of Whitley playing soccer! It seems like the kids were out of school a ton in October. They get a whole week of for fall break, and had several half days. On one of the half days, the girls and I dipped pretzels in caramel and chocolate. YUMMY
And then of course Halloween. Whitley's class made homemade ice cream the Friday before Halloween.
And Kennedy's class did lots of fun art projects.
Landon was able to be here for the Halloween weekend. We went to our ward trunk-or-treat, a neighborhood party (in the neighborhood where we're going to buy a house) and then the kids went trick or treating alone this year. Well, when I say alone, I mean with 10 to 15 of their closest friends, Landon and I sat on the driveway of our goods friends, laughed our guts out and handed out candy! By the time the weekend was over we were trashed.
Kennedy was a Skele-Rocker
Whitley was a Cardinals Cheerleader
Colton was Mr. Firley

So there you go. Way more that you ever wanted to know about what we've been doing!

1 comments:

Liz

Looks like a busy month. Tell your parents hello for me. And tell Heidi...WELCOME BACK TO UTAH!!! That's too bad she's moving away from you guys though.
The kids looked awesome for Halloween!