CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SOMEDAY

Do you ever get the feeling that just when you think you can't handle one more thing in your life, you get dumped on?? And maybe that "one more thing" isn't huge, it's just the straw that breaks the camels back. Life is stressful. I'm use to that. I can handle that. I like it better when my husband has a job that lets him live in the same state that the kids and I live in. And it's even nicer when we live at our own house! That doesn't seem like too much to ask for. But until that is, I can handle life. I don't like it, but I can handle it.

Sunday after church I took a nap. I always come home from church, get back into my pj's, fix pancakes for my kids and take a nap. It's not glamorous, it just is. Sunday was no different. Only it was. Somewhere between the stripping down to my pj's, and getting up Monday morning I lost my wedding ring. I always put it in the same place. ALWAYS. It's not there. In fact, it's not anywhere. We have torn this place apart looking for it. It's like it just vanished! I am so sad.

Today I went to the temple. I try to go on Tuesday mornings. Helps me get through the week. When I got out of the temple, I had a message from Landon to call him, so I did. He then proceeds to inform me that his truck, that we just spent a boat load of money on to fix a few months back, is back in the shop. Only this time, it just needs A NEW ENGINE! A new engine??? I'm no mechanic, but that can't be cheap! What to do? He can't sell it like that, and well he has to have a car. It's not like he can use mine until he figures something else out!

And so here we are. Sunday morning, I didn't think my life could get much harder. Today, I laugh at that naive fool! Someday, this will all be a distant memory, and hopefully I will have learned something from it all and will be a much stronger person because of it. SOMEDAY...

6 comments:

steve and lisa

You HANG in THERE!!! At least you are not in the HOLE!!!!! That is one positive thing!!! I miss you!!! Love ya Lisa

Ashley

Oh no, what crappy things to happen. That is so sad about your wedding ring. I bet it will turn up one day months from now when you are not even looking for it--I hope so! And car problems are just the worst. Next to not having a husband around!

This too shall pass.

Rachel

Oh that is just awful.Hang in there. Have a bowl of chocolate ice cream, it'll patch everything right up!!

Liz

Oh my gosh. Are you serious. Have you really not found your ring??? I'm dying for you. I can't help you feel better because my heart is racing right now and I feel like a true friend would fly to arizona and look for it with you. So that's what I will do...take a vacation and help you find it. See you tomorrow.
Oh wait, I have dance, b-ball practice, young womens, dinner, and window washers...I can't break away. But I will brainstorm with you if you call me.
The car....that's the pits. Hang in there good buddy! Love ya.

brooke

I'm so sorry. Why does life have to be so hard sometimes? Have you taken apart the pipes from your bathroom and kitchen sinks? I hear that wedding rings go down the drain and get caught in the pipes a lot.

The good news is that both of those things are just things and not people. It's stuff and it can be replaced even though it is super expensive and it sucks big time. Sorry--it's easy for me to be preachy when it didn't happen to me. The wedding ring is the worst. I'm so sorry.

Kirsten

sorry life is dumping on you at the moment. way to have a positive outlook though.