CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Scoutmaster Jim

About a week ago they realigned our ward boundaries. That is never easy, and you always end up losing great families! One of the people we lost was Colton's scoutmaster. Oh how we loved him. A couple of days after the split, I got this email from his. It made me love him even more!

Landon & Amy,

Since I’m terrible verbalizing my thoughts… hopefully this email will do better.

Now that I’m getting over being moved out of the ward, I want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU!.

Colton is the model Deacon and Scout. It was sooo nice being his Scoutmaster. I’m totally bummed I won’t be there anymore.

he is respectful to leaders and fellow Deacons. He lives by the Scout Oath and Law.

At last week’s camporee, a man at the flag ceremony gave a little speech about being a “doer”. He said “every scoutmaster has boys in his troop that are doers and some that aren’t” I immediately said under my breath, “Colton and Chip”. They are the ones I go to when I need something done without arguing, debate, whining, or hesitation.. and do it happily! Its obvious Colton has been taught well at home. Boys like him make being a scoutmaster a blessing.

I didnt want this to sound too sappy just some of my thoughts and feelings. You can/should be very proud of Colton and the way youre raising him.

Keep up the great job!

Scoutmaster Jim

As a parent, you try your hardest, and sometimes think you're doing okay. Most of the time you KNOW you can do better. It's just nice to hear every once in while that your kids are turning out okay! I love Colton so much and am so proud of the young man he is becoming.

4 comments:

brooke

So glad you are back to blogging.

Colton is a good kid. It is so nice to hear those things as a parent. How nice of that guy to take the time to send that email.

It sounds like you guys love AZ. I'm so glad things are going well (and busy) for you. Can't wait to see Halloween pics.

Liz

I'm tearing up right now and getting the chills. It's letters like that, that keep you going and know that youre doing something right as a parent! I bet Colton is a wonderful young man, how could he not be with two wonderful parents! Love you, glad your back!

Unknown

Those are the best compliments! Good Job Colton!

Rachel

Love Jim. Love Colton. Please stay!!!