CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Year Since I've had a Haircut...WOW

*WARNING* This post is simply a journal entry that my family and I can refer back to, and also a reminder of the kind of person Landon is. (plus it's long-feel no obligation to read)

When I was younger, I took much better care of myself. Not that I don't do an okay job now, but not like when I was 17 without a care in the world except for if I was going to get asked to "the dance". I had my hair done, did my nails, and went tanning like crazy. I was a cheerleader and had to wear that teeny tiny skirt, and my legs had to be tan-like duh!!
Fast forward 15 years. I haven't had a hair cut since last December. That's right, it's been a year. Why, you ask? Lazy, I lived in the Moe Hole, don't know who to go to, can't decide on a style, who knows. I've been dying my own hair for about 6 months, much to the dismay of my kids. They HATE the color (sorry guys). It's been way to long since I had my nails done, and I haven't been tanning since before I had Colton. YIKES.
Today, today was the day for a change. At yoga a couple of my girls friends and I decided that we were going to go get pedicures Friday night. I also got a referral to a great beautician (do they even still call them that) that I think will do a great job. I have taken an oath to stop dying my own hair (what made me think that was okay anywhere but the Moe Hole?).

Nails-check Hair-check

All that was left was the tanning. For some reason I was really nervous about this one. I knew the girl working at the tanning salon was going to be young and cute and tan, and I WAS NOT. I also new that the tanning world had changed sooo much since I tanned that I was going to have to ask a lot of dumb questions. I braved it anyway, for beauties sake. The girl there could not have been nicer. She answered all of my dumb questions and didn't make me feel old. Then she talked me into spending an obscene amount of money on a tanning pass and lotion. Let's just say that the 13 oz bottle of lotion I bought was over $100 dollars. Yes, that says $100!!! I did say obscene, right??

So I tan, and now I'm stressing out. I know that Landon is going to kill me for spending that kind of money, especially this time of year, especially on a tanning pass! He was in meetings all morning long, and I had worked up several stories and explanations of how I would reimburse him with whatever Christmas money I get. When he finally called,I told him my story, and explained that I felt better about myself today from that one little tanning session than I had in a long time. (Pathetic right?) I'm expecting him to rant about the money, but he doesn't. He tells me that hearing me say that is worth more than all the money in the world. That he would never take my Christmas money from me, and how it was my job was to feel good about myself so I could take care of the kids. (I am in tears again just typing this).

He is the sweetest, most selfless man in the world. He cares more about my happiness and well-being than I could ever ask for. I was reminded again today how blessed I was the day we found each other, and how grateful I am to get to spend eternity with him. Lucky Me Lucky Me!

7 comments:

Mark and Karen

Now I'm in tears...sniff, sniff. Thanks for sharing. And, you are very blessed.

Liz

That's soooo nice. Seriously, I love it when they pull out a surprise response! Good for you on doing something for yourself! I swear a good tan session now and again is good for the soul. If you could only have a massage and a Dr.Pepper at the same time right?
By the way, they confiscated my tan lotion at the airport thru security. Yeah...how do you like that. Why don't I just poop out 100 bucks!

brooke

That was so touching and I love that you have that written down about Lanny. Sam is the same way--especially when I get in fender benders (I'm a Warner--we're bad drivers!) Thank goodness for great husbands.

Nikki

That is lucky! You win the prize! The girl im in y.w. pres. with keeps going tanning...I'm thinking, why didn't I think of that! This comes after several people asked me if I'm feeling okay b/c I sure look pale! WHAT the crap...maybe I'll just tell them Edward stopped by for a short visit and now my once semi-flesh color skin is turning a pale white for a reason! COME ON PEOPLE!!! I was wondering last winter why I looked so awful and then I realized it had been years since I'd seen myself that white. Living in AZ you just don't realize what a great tan you have ALL YEAR ROUND! ha ha ha I'm so happy that you did that for yourself! I'm venturing out next week as well to get my hair "professioally" done! It's been ages! Let's hope it looks good and doesn't cost me over $100. :)

steve and lisa

So much fun talking with you the other day! We are very excited to get out of the Mole Hole - and see you guys (okay we are looking forward to Maui a little more!) You will have to send me your address and you home phone. So I can put it on the fridge! I am so glad you are happy in your new area! The tanning story just cracked me up - and the hair coloring! WOW! What we end up putting up with because of depression! Ha, ha!! Miss you! Counting down the days! Love Lisa

Nikki

Where is the photo of the new "do"!!! Anxiously waiting to see it :)

Loric

Ahhh man. I'm shedding a tear here. What a great man that husband of yours is.