CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gifts Gifts Gifts

As a child, Christmas was magical. Not a care in the world except for what to put on your Christmas list, and then hope to heck you'd been good all year to get what you wanted!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas morning. I love to see my kids faces light up when they open up their presents. It's the 30 days or so before Christmas that gets a little stressful. I try to be on top of things, and get started early. I do pretty good with my family gifts. Every once in a while I get hung up on a sister or nephew. It's the little gifts, the ones that you don't want to spend more that $5-$10 bucks on, but look like you did more, that are hard for me. I'm talking about neighbor gifts, VT gifts, and of course teacher gifts.


I think I pretty well have everyone covered with the exception of Colton and Whitley's teachers. They are both men, and to me that makes it harder. You can always do Bath and Body or something for a girl, but men are different. Last time Colton had a male teacher, the class went in and got him a Home Depot gift card which I thought was great. Neither of my kids classes are doing a group gift-I'm on my own.
So help me out. What kind of fun, meaningful, look like you spent more than you did gifts do you do for your kids' teachers???

4 comments:

Kirsten

caramels-duh. or a target gift card.

brooke

Gosh--men teachers are tough in the same way that buying gifts for dads are tough. Depends on how much you're looking to spend. I've done a Barnes and Noble gift card in the past for 15 for an awesome teacher but I think that's a little much. Maybe a couple car wash coupons or even like the 10$ gift card to somewhere like Sonic or your version of Cafe Rio. I just think gift cards of some sort are always appreciated. Good luck!

Jen Hilton

I'm not much help. I always do food. Isn't that always the way to a man's heart?

Unknown

I think the important thing is:

Do you have your DAD something really nice?? Don't short him again this year, for once, go first class. He deserves it.