CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Foraging for Food

For Christmas Bumpa gave us all a bunch of information about foraging for your food. He says that that should be a part of our food storage information. I don't know how I feel about eating my backyard, but I'm not starving either! Maybe someday that info. might just save our lives!
The snow has finally melted enough that you can see the ground, and so this morning he took the kids out to forage! They armed themselves with their books and flash cards and headed out. I sent the camera with them, and told Bumpa to get some pictures of the kids. These are the only two pictures he took. They didn't come home with any "food" but they did have a nice hike with Bumpa!

2 comments:

steve and lisa

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Your father-in-law is so cute! I am sure your kids had a blast foraging!! Miss you! Hope your new year is full of happiness and less moving!!! Love Lisa

Pandy

We forage for food, too, but usually in the fridge and pantry -both of which desperately need a cleaning.

I haven't even met Kennedy, but she sounds like my kind of kid. I've read and reread her outrageous comments. I laugh every time. What a kid!

Colton looks like an adult. Your kids are beautiful and I still don't know where the red hair comes from. I'd say they're just lucky.

Would you remind your mom that she promised to get an email account so we can keep in touch? I told her she's got to join the 21st century!