CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Nutcracker

I use to go to the Nutcracker every Christmas with my Grandma and all the girls in our family. We always got dressed up, went out for lunch and then onto the ballet. I use to love that day. It is one of my fondest memories of growing up. Today I took my own girls to see the Nutcracker.
We got all dressed up and went out to lunch before.





Waiting for it to start!
At the intermission we went out to stretch our legs and the girls each picked out a nutcracker to take home. Kennedy told me that was the only reason she came. She thought we were going to the Nutcracker store, so she had agreed to come to get a nutcracker. Gotta love that kid.
We had a lot of fun, and I love spending time with just my girls. I hope this is a tradition I can keep up with my own girls.

5 comments:

Ashley

That is so fun! I have been thinking this Christmas about how much I loved going to the Nutcracker and how I have to get some daughters so that I can do exactly what you did. How fun that they got their own nutcrackers!

Kirsten

let me guess, nutcracker at the capitol theater as a kid? me too with my grandma. that's still my favorite theater in the whole world.

brooke

I totally remember going to the Nutcracker with all the girls in the family. It was so fun. Your girls' outfits are darling and I love seeing a photo of you on the blog!

Nikki

Love the girls in their adorable polka dot dresses! Too cute! That sounds so great! I took Ellerie last year to the Nutcracker put on by a dance studio where all her friends take. She loved it! How fun that you bought them nutcrackers too!

Liz

Those dresses are darling. I remember we once went to the nutcracker together with our moms and little sisters. It was the year that we got the leather jackets!
What a fun day for you and the girls...you should for sure make it a tradition!