CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Snoqualmie Falls

Whitley and I headed out on what will be my last field trip this year! The 4th graders went to see Snoqualmie Falls, and the tour the power plant. The falls are the 3rd most popular tourist attraction in WA. Who knew? And they're only 20 minutes from our house!The sky bridge on the way to the falls.
The falls. The drop is 258 feet. Niagara Falls is 158 feet. This is 100 feet higher, but I had never even heard of them before we moved here.
Hiking down to the power plant and to get another view.
Another view from the base. Really beautiful.

2 comments:

Ashley

Hey I've been there! My friend actually had her reception there (she's from WA). It was beautiful!

P.S. Lanny in the hula skirt is fabulous! He totally pulls it off.

Pandy

I've been there, too! I was truly impressed. I loved that whole area. I envy you having all these new places to explore - and commend you for checking them out!

Lanny is a good sport! What a fun activity.