CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Grillin' Steaks

I love steak. But not just any steak. I'm a steak snob! I only ever order a filet. I'm just not that into fat! However when we bbq steaks at home, filet is a little pricey for a week night dinner. Our friends introduced us to the tri tip a few years ago, and we love it. You can get it at Costco in either a big roast, or several smaller steaks. You can't go wrong either way. It is very lean, and so tender.

In the summer we love to bbq, and as I was giving my steak a good rub of seasoning tonight, I got to thinking about something new I could do. I know we have our favorite marinade or two that we always do. But I love to get new ideas of different rubs and marinades. So I'm asking. What's your favorite way to season a steak?? And what's your favorite cut for bbq-ing at home?

Here's ours...

1/2 C. Soy Sauce
1-2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. Steak Seasoning (I use Schillings Montreal Steak)
2-3 Tbsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 tsp. Garlic Salt

Let meat marinade for 1-2 hours, but not longer. Grill and Enjoy!

4 comments:

brooke

I'm going to Costco tomorrow and reporting back. I have been hearing about Costco Tri-tip forever and now I have the marinade. It's on.

Pandy

This is almost the same marinade my guys use - except Jon prefers Red Robin's seasoning. Haven't tried the tri-tip, though. I'll definitely give it a try - well, actually I'll have Mark and Jon give it a try.

Ashley

That marinade sounds good! My favorite for steak (bc its sooo easy) is to buy a bottle of Soy Vay Very Very Terriyaki (sp?). The sell it at Safeway and some Targets by the salad dressings or asian foods. It's good. My mom gave me this marinade recipe that is also good, though I prefer it on chicken rather than steak. It doesn't seem quite strong enough for steak:

2 TB oil
2 TB lemon juice
2 TB soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. garlic powder.

Mix it up!

Liz

That sounds delicious. I will try it for sure. I just rub our steaks down in montreal steak seasoning and douce it with worsterchire sauce and let marinade a bit before cooking.
Then I make a dipping sauce...boil 1 c. ketchup, 1 c. worsterchire, a handful of brown sugar and like 1 1/2 tsp. of chili powder. Boil for like 3 minutes. You can keep it in the fridge for like a month. Also super delicious with pork chops.