CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In the Heat of the Night

Ahh, I love the summer. I love the sun shining, and heat warmth on my skin. But what I don't love is going to bed in a pool of my own sweat! Last night my house was so freakin' hot I thought I might die. My thermostat was reading 86 degrees! I couldn't get my AC unit to blow cold air. My poor kids were practically sleeping in the buff. I finally decided to forget the AC and just open up the windows. It cools down nicely at night so that at least made it bearable. However, if you leave your windows open all night, around 4am the birds wake you all up! (note to self).
I called our landlord first thing this morning to have someone come and fix this dang AC unit since it's suppose to be around 90 degrees today. She then kindly explained to me that the reason the AC wasn't working is because WE DON'T HAVE AC! Most houses in Seattle don't! Are you kidding? I love the heat, but no AC?? Thank goodness we have some fans, and at least I know to open the windows up! I'm seriously dreading tonight. I hope I can keep it cooled down. One thing's for sure. I'm not going to risk heating things up with the stove/oven. It's take out tonight baby!

6 comments:

Mark and Karen

Yah, it shocked me too when we moved here. We at least have AC in our rental house. Best of luck.

Rachel

yep it's time to move back to good ol' a/c.

Kirsten

Just think of all the money you'll be saving on your electric bill? does that help at all? ear plugs for the birds? (although I 100% agree with Rachel)

brooke

What the? No AC? It's only the beginning of June!! I feel for you. I hate being hot while I sleep. In college, I used to put my clothes in the freezer and then put them on and get in bed with a fan going. It was the only way to cool down.

steve and lisa

Amy!! I had to read your post to Steve! He HATES the heat at night, cannot sleep a wink in the heat! You might have to have a campout in your back yard on those really warm nights! Take a Tylenol PM while camping out!!
Yes, we ran into your hubby at the local hotel, of course the kids had baseball, work, etc. & we couldn't leave town. It was fun! Crazy running into your husband.

Liz

Are you kidding me??? We would literally die! Our house feels like a refrigerator even in the middle of winter. I'm so sorry for your great loss...what a void you must feel!!!lol