CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas with the Nutcracker

The girls and I went to see the Nutcracker tonight. As you know, we do this every year, but this year was different. Two reasons. First every year Kennedy tries to ruin the night. Maybe not on purpose, but she does nonetheless. She's bored, or tired, or mad about having to wear a dress. This year she loved the ballet. She kept leaning over to me and saying "oh I love this one", or "I remember that one". She was actually enjoying the ballet!
Second, my sweet 90 year old grandma is in town for Christmas, so we took her with us to see the ballet. She loved it. She lives in a tiny town in Idaho, and doesn't go out much. She went on and on about what a fabulous night she was having. I'm so glad she was able to go.
Of course Grandma Ruth was there this year too. So fun to have 4 generations enjoying something together. I'm go grateful that my kids have had the opportunity to know my grandparents, their great-grandparents.
Of course the girls got their traditional nutcracker. They should have a pretty good collection by the time they're adults! Whitley got another snow globe for her collection, and Kennedy went for a shiny blue nutcracker.
I'm so grateful for this tradition that was started years ago by my other grandma in Salt Lake. It is something I look forward to every Christmas season, and it's been so fun to be able to pass this tradition on to my own girls.

2 comments:

WHITE

I am so jealous I could scream! I wanted to go so bad this year...First, I need a girl! When things like this come along I realize girls aren't all bad. Second, I hate that I am so far away from you guys! That could have been me leaning over telling you how much I loved it!!!
I am glad you guys had a fun night, maybe next year will be my year.

Nicole

I took Ash for the first time this year, and we went the same night you and your girls did! I gave her a nutcracker to and told her we'd get one every year. We had so much fun, maybe one year we can see it with you and your girls!