CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 12, 2010

Threading = Pain

5 years ago, days before my sister got married, I decided I needed a new haircut. I wasn't thrilled with "my girl" so my sister sent me to a girl she had just had do hers. She loved it! This girl was from India, and really did do a great job on my hair. However, she spent the whole haircut talking me into letting her thread my face.

I had seen threading on Oprah, and was somewhat interested in it. It wasn't very popular, like it is now. I knew my eyebrows needed waxing, so I told her she could do my eyebrows. For the wedding and all. Once she started, I knew I was in trouble. It hurt so bad. I had tears running down my face. She was working so fast, and I was in such a state of shock over the pain, that before I knew what what happening she was threading down my cheeks and along my jawline. You think the eyebrows hurt?? That was nothing compared to those tender areas on my cheeks.

At this point I can't stop her. I can't have one side of my face soft and smooth, and the other side looking like Sasquatch. So I just sucked it up and did my whole face. Not a single hair left when she was done.

Once I had recovered from it, I had to admit my face felt awesome. Smooth as a babies bottom! But I did make an oath, to myself, never to get threaded again. Fast forward 5 years. Now they have threading Kiosk's in the malls. I'm at the mall with Stacy and she casually says, lets get our eyebrows threaded. It hurts, but it's totally worth it. Well of course I launch in to my story and my oath, to which she is laughing hysterically. But my eyebrows really do need a wax job, and this time I won't let them do anything but that. I can handle that.
And I do. And it's not as bad as I remember, so I have her do my upper lip. That was my mistake. That's where the tears started to run down my face. That's where the horror of my first threading came rushing back to my mind. But again, I gotta tell you. Once you get over the shock and pain, man is your face smooth!
The verdict is still out, whether or not to try again. Maybe if I just stick to my eyebrows.

1 comments:

Liz

Ha ha ha ha ha...laughing so hard at those pictures. You are an idiot! I've never tried that yet:)
However; two weeks ago i did have my pits waxed...omg....hurt soooo bad! Tears for sure. But two weeks of smooth pits...worth it! yep