CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 5, 2010

Kennedy turns 8


Today is Kennedy's 8th birthday. She has been waiting for this day for a LONG time. I woke up early and made pancakes (like I do for every birthday) like she asked for! It's hard to tell, but she chose orange pancakes with chocolate sprinkles! I went and picked her up from school to have lunch "out". She chose Panda Express, and she wolfed it down!


The rule at our house is that you have to wait until you're 8 to get your ears pierced. I just want to make sure that they REALLY want them, and that they're old enough to be the ones to take care of them. She had been saying for a while now, that she didn't think she wanted to get her ears pierced. I told her they were her ears, and she could pierce them whenever she wanted to, now that she was eight. NO PRESSURE!


So to my shock, she asked this morning if I would take her after school to get her ears pierced. She had changed her mind. So I jumped on it, and we went straight there after I picked the kids up from school. She was pretty nervous, and almost tried to chicken out. But Colton, Whitley and I talked her into staying. She chose little black studs to pierce them with.


Once it was all said and done, she was so happy she had gone through with it. And claims that it didn't really hurt "that bad"! Happy Birthday Kennedy. We love you !


0 comments: