CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Think he Needs his Head Examined

I'm going to have to take Colton to the Dr. this afternoon to have his head examined. I'm pretty sure he's retarded! I know I know that's not nice, but I'm pretty sure it's true! Here's the story....

We live with my parents, about 15 minutes from the kids schools. We're half way to school this morning, and he remembers that he forgot to get his schedule and map. I ask if he thinks he still needs it, or if he could possibly do it today without it. He doesn't thin he can. So we turn around, and I drive like a bat out of HE** to get home. He runs in, grabs his schedule and map, and we go hauling off. We make it to school 2 minutes before it starts. So I'm sure he was a little late. Which is great. Late on the 3rd day of school! Ahhh, I hate being late. But wait, it gets better.

I spend the whole time we're driving to school lecturing him about being better prepared, packing his backpack the night before, moving faster, taking a shorter shower, needing to be more responsible etc.

I pull up in my driveway, and grab my phone to go in the house. I look down, and guess what's sitting in my cup holder. Yep, his schedule and map. After all that racing back and lecturing the kid left them in my car! Can't wait to see what happens to him today. I'm sure he'll be lost all day long. Oh what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall when he discovers he doesn't have it!

I love that child, but boy does he test my patience!

5 comments:

Kirsten

send me the name of your doctor. I have a kid in need of as well. actually my fingers are crossed the meds are going to work this year. He seems better, but it is only day three.

Pandy

This reminds me a something Kelly did once. I got a frantic call from her during her lunch period. She was a Jr. in high school, I think. She was in a panic because she couldn't get her car started, so I flew to her aid as fast as I could and found her sitting in the car almost in tears. Then, I discovered the reason she couldn't start the car was because it was in drive.

Some things never change.

Loric

I LOVE it! Makes me laugh. I think it just may be the age. I'm pretty sure we had the same lecture around here recently. Megan, too forgot her map and schedule yesterday. (lying here on the countertop after she made DOUBLY SURE that she had it.) Live and and learn I guess. :)

brooke

This is why I love reading your blog--I can totally see you driving like a bat out of hell and lecturing Colton the whole time. I would have done the exact same thing. What a funny story--you will have to tell it for years. I bet he learned his lesson.

Liz

Classic. I love it.