CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Wax On Wax Off

For Family Home Evening tonight, we talked about the importance of work. Why it's important to learn how to work, and working together etc. After the lesson, we went outside to wash and wax my car. Landon had high hopes that the after such a moving lesson, the kids would jump into it and really do a great job. I was a bit sceptical! The washing part was great. They all had their own sponge, so there wasn't any fighting and they did a great job. Playing with the hose and soapy water wasn't all bad. And then we had to wax it. At first they were all still pretty into it. But once they could see that it was going to take "forever" we lost them one by one. When it comes to working, our kids are all over the map.

Colton is my child that no matter what he's doing, or what I ask him to do, he says "ok" and does it. However, he is a boy and he doesn't always do it well. He doesn't complain, but he's a bit sloppy! Whitley on the other hand, fights me on everything. It doesn't matter if I ask her to brush her teeth, or weed the yard she complains. But once she's over the anger, and accepts that she has to do it she's the best. She's maticulous, and gets it done right. And when you catch her in a good mood, she'll work her fingers to the bone!
And then there's Kennedy. She's somewhere in between. Sometimes when she can see Whitley starting into a big fit, she just jumps up and does it. And then there's times that I have to ask her to do something 15 times, and she finally pouts and grunts while she stomps away to work! And then there's the classic work for a few minutes, and then sneak off and play the "I'm the baby, and I'm too small to do that" card! I'm pretty sure by 7 years old that card has EXPIRED!By the end, it was just Lan. He did a great job though, and my car looks great.

0 comments: