CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Countdown to "D" Day

We have had a really ROUGH couple of days. (I promise my whole blog is not going to be about how crappy life it, but right now it sort of feels that way) ANYWAY, Thursday night, some friends of ourshad a little going away get together. I was sort of dreading it, because I figured I'd cry through the whole night! Well, I kept it together pretty well, and really enjoyed myself. So many of our friends, and lots of my kids teachers were able to come. Thanks to Vicki and Stacey for putting that together!




(Kennedy & Mrs. Motroni)
Then, came Friday. I took my kids to school for the last time. I was on the verge of tears all morning, but held it together. I had to go into the school to return library books, and to say a quick goodbye to the office staff. I lost it! I do pretty good until other people cry and when Mrs. Kris started to choke up, that was it!
(Whit & Mrs. Melki)
The kids only had a half day, and Colton cried off and on all after noon. That pretty much ripped my heart out. I think it was harder than he thought it would be to say goodbye to everyone. Luckily, the girls did okay.

Then this morning, I had to go help my mom. She plays the piano for her ward choir, and she needed me to turn the pages to her music. So the whole choir is there, practicing, and my mom and I are both bawling at the piano. This is getting harder by the minute!
(The Kahle boys, Colton and Whitley camping in San Clemente, CA)
We're headed out to dinner with the Kahle's for the last time tonight. Tracy and I have done pretty well together so far, but tonight could change all that! We have such awesome friends, and each one of you has had a special place in our lives!

2 comments:

Lori

What a hard weekend!! It's never fun to say goodbye, ever! You'll definitely have to come back and visit! (I'm sure you will with all the family you have here) It was hard moving away from California and all our family, but we survived and love it here. I'm sure you will make tons of friends and have such an adventure!! Good luck with everything, and I'm so glad you're blogging, so we can keep in touch!

Nikki

UGGGH! I hated those last few days too! It's no fun at all!
Good luck with the many bumps in the road ahead! It gets easier I promise, it's just tough for about the first month :) We'll keep happy thoughts for you!