CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Camp Waskowtiz

This year the 6th graders are participating in an outdoor school in May. This is not the 6th grade camp that you and I went to. There are no parents going. This is actually "outdoor school". So this past weekend they had an open house for the families to come up and see where there kids would be sleeping, eating, learning, etc. It's about a half an hour from our house, and the weather was suppose to be beautiful so we decided to take our trailer and camp out for the weekend.

There were about 35 spots at this little campground, and after a short time we realized that most of the people there were residents. They all watched as we unloaded and set up our camp. There was no where for a camp fire, and our plan for dinner was tin foil dinners cooked in the fire! Luckily we were only about 5 minutes from North Bend and we found a little pizza joint to eat it.We pretty much stayed in our trailer and the kids colored and played games.I had decided not to bring our little DVD player, thinking that the kids would be out exploring nature! By about 7pm I was real sorry I didn't have it with us!

The next morning we ate breakfast (in our trailer) and packed up and got out of there. Landon kept saying "this is one of the times we'll laugh about later". We stopped at some outlets that were close to there, did a little shopping, and headed on to Camp Waskowitz! The camp was great. We saw the dorms, showers, mess hall, camp fire, everything. The camp fire sits right on the bank of the river. Really cool. I'm so excited for Colton to get to do this.

As for us heading back to the campground anytime soon, not so much! But hey, like Landon said, it's an adventure and we are laughing about it today!

4 comments:

WHITE

I bet Colton will have a blast...next time you guys want to do a little residential camping you can set up in my back yard! :) If you play your cards right I might even let you light a fire back there!

Liz

That looks so fun. Sorry about the campout....sometimes I don't know how we would exist w/o dvd's! Even I would miss it.

steve and lisa

Did you hubby make it to Joe's?? Find any good deals? Love a good deal!! I bet it was beautiful there! You live in such a beautiful green area! I am sure everyone in your neighborhood thought the hicks were out & about while hauling kids on tubs behind your truck!! Makes my hick side of me smile!!! Cannot believe all the fun, amazing stuff your kids are doing in the schools there! Wow!! I bet he had a blast at camp!!! What a great thing for Colton! Miss you! Lisa

Lori

I did outdoor school when I was in 6th grade. A whole week! It was a blast. I'm sure he'll love it. Jessica is leaving for Science camp tomorrow. I'm actually kind of glad it's only two nights. She doesn't seem old enough to go to camp yet! Yikes. Our kids are growing too fast!