CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Break

Right after school on Friday we headed to Utah for fall break. We stayed at Matt's house for the first few days. This is all of the Warner cousins (minus Braydon, who wouldn't stay in the picture) together for the first time since Wyatt and Brady were born. That's too long!We did some shopping, eating, and lots and lots of playing together. I love my family and don't spend enough time with them. It's hard when you live in different states. Monday night we met Shane and Nicole (Landon's brother) and their kids at Thanksgiving point for family night. We had never been, so I was excited to check it all out. They really do it up right for the holidays. We went through the corn maze, shot paintball guns, raced tractors, climbed rock walls, and ate. The kids love hanging out with their cousins. I finally found time on a Utah trip to see my old BFF Liz. We haven't seen each other in 4 years. That's so long. I remember once watching an Oprah and she was reuniting BFF's from High School who hadn't seen each other for 10 years, and I remember thinking that would never happen to Liz and I. Crazy what 7 kids and 2 states will do to a friendship. We were literally inseparable in High School. We cheered together, slept at each other's houses too much, vacationed together, made up goofy names for each other and loved each other like sisters. I miss her! We only got 2 short hours together, but it was like we never missed a beat. Her 3 year old son Easton took this picture of us. Hence the squat. She took me on a tour of her new neighborhood, and look what we found! Is this place nuts. I loved it. Thanks for a great 2 hours Gene. Lets not wait 4 years to do it again. I got to see so much of my family. Aunts, cousins, cousins' kids, grandparents. I didn't get pictures of them all, but I loved getting see so much of my Utah family. Thanks to all of you who put your buys lives on hold for me. I saw my cousin Brooke for just a second, who just had a baby. (I stole this picture of him from her blog. Sorry Brooke. Hope you don't mind) They call him Buster. He is about the cutest, squishiest thing ever. My kids have been talking about him since we left her house. I wish she was closer so I could squish him more often.
BUSTER
Heidi, Mom, Grandma Anthony, Me (this is the morning we left to drive home, sans make-up) After a few days in Utah, it was off to Idaho to see my grandma. Heidi and her family went with us. My grandma is so itty bitty. She will be 90 next March, and is still going strong.
Grandma with Whitley, Rowdy, Brady, Colton and Kennedy
Grandma lives in a tiny little town called Ririe. It's just outside Idaho Falls. I think the population is like 500. So I figured what better time to introduce Colton to driving than in Ririe. He was stoked! He drove us to the Maverick gas station about a mile from Grandma's house. It was a little shaky, but not bad for his first trip. He offered to drive the rest of the trip. Isn't he so thoughtful! On the way home, we went over the Hoover Dam. This is the new bridge that is opening up, so that you will no longer have to go over the Dam. I think I'll be finding a new route to Utah!

These pictures just don't do it justice. It's ridiculous!

We had a great time in Utah and Idaho. It was nice to remember the Fall. Leaves changing, a cool breeze, sweatshirts. I miss the Fall, and I miss my family.

3 comments:

Liz

That is a sweet post. And Utah misses you:) I had a great two hours...can't wait to see you again. Glad you got the cemetery picture in there...don't ever say my neighborhood isn't "classy!" lol
Bff's forever Pam:)
p.s i accidentally deleted your comment on my blog, can you write me another one??? so im computer retarded...whats new!

Ashley

Brooke said she had so much fun with you and that you were totally skinny and cute. Jealous of all of that!

brooke

Ashley's right. I did tell her you are totally skinny and cute and as funny as ever. I seriously loved our visit. I think we need a cousin's girls' trip. How fun would that be? Maybe we all need to come to AZ and hang at your pool! Seriously--how sweet is that pool in your backyard?

Thanks for the shout-out to Buster. He is my own little pillow pet.

Your little grandma is like the same size as Whitley! Don't you wish we could all wear a long red snuggie around the house and to receive company and no one would blink!